Friday, May 26, 2006

Dateline: In Transit, May 23 -- A Fan

On the plane from Miami to Dallas, I passed someone reading Company Man. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, “Enjoying the book?” He looked up, said, “Huh? Oh, yeah.” I said, “Great. Because I wrote it.” He said, “Huh? What?” He shook his head and went back to the book. Clearly he didn’t believe me.

After we landed, he found me near the baggage claim and introduced himself. Troy had thought that one of his friends was playing a joke on him – he didn’t believe I was really the author of the book he was reading. Then he looked at the picture inside the back cover, and saw I was telling the truth.

I probably shouldn’t do stuff like that – it freaks people out. But it’s also hard to resist.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home